I leave on Wednesday for a firm meeting in San Francisco for five days and I could not be more excited. Although I spent 10 days in Southern California a mere three months ago, I feel like I need a fresh transfusion of "America".
To that end, I've already made a list of all the things I want to see, eat, and buy while there including
- Scharffen Berger chocolate (I know I live in France, but this is some tasty choco)
- Mexican food
- an In-n-Out Double Double burger (there is one located in Fisherman's Wharf)
- Dim sum (there is a dim sum emporium on California Street that I can never remember the name of that we have been going to since I was 9 years old. Any other suggestions?)
- Only in my dreams: Chez Panisse, The French Laundry...
- Botanical Gardens
- Coit Tower for the amazing view of the city and WPA murals supervised by Diego Rivera on the ground floor
- de Young museum of art in Golden Gate Park, a museum I visited for the first time on a class trip at 10 years old, but which I credit for encouraging my love for fine art
- North Beach, if only for a cappuccino and a browse through City Lights bookstore, home of the Beat Generation
- Yarn, of course. Lots and lots of it!
Any other suggestions?